McLaren Vale Wine Tours
Abutting Adelaide’s suburbs, everything is within easy reach at McLaren Vale. The annual Sea and Vines festival is by far the state’s most popular gourmet weekend. Each tour is created around your preferences and likes – the sample itineraries are prime examples of what is popular with groups right now. Adelaide Winery Tours is your ticket to experience The Southern Vales at your own pace.
Enjoy Adelaide’s best value wine tasting tour
Full day McLaren Vale Wine Tour for only $73pp including lunch and 3 wine tastings = a great value day out for you and your friends. Naturally conditions apply*.
Intimate tour for 2 to 6 friends
What a great way to spend a day with close friends, partaking in Adelaide's top food & wine tours. While we still recommend booking ahead at your favorite places, a small group cellar door wine tour is the ultimate in flexibility and spontaneity. Between you and your driver you can explore to your heart's content, stay a little longer or increase the pace. Many establishments offer gratis tastings for couples and small groups, while some wineries and most breweries and distilleries charge.
McLaren Vale Personal
Suitable for 4 to 14 mates
- Chapel Hill, structured tasting $10pp or self guided personal selection
- Mollydooker, award winning Reds $10pp
- Wirra Wirra for a tasting and lunch at Harry’s Deli
- Penny’s Hill, tasting $10pp – game of bocce?
McLaren Vale Social
Suitable for groups of 10 to 24 socialites
- Paxtons, wine tasting on the deck $10pp. Cheese nibbles available.
- Willunga Creek Wines, $5pp for award winning Merlot and more
- Shared all-you-can-eat gourmet pizza lunch with a view at Heard it on the Grapevine $30pp
- Chill session with Moondog and Titan at White Feather Red Winery, taste organic Reds $5pp and/or purchase Fizz $15 per bottle
McLaren Vale Celebration
Suitable for 20 to 40 party lovers
- Lazy Ballerina, guided tasting with James Hook $10pp including cheese and local nibbles
- Oxenberry Farm Cellar Door, wine and cider taste from $10pp, coffee and snax available
- Lunch at The Tin Shed just $25pp for pizza, garlic bread and a drink 🙂
- Country or Coastal Pub Stop on the way back home
Pizza Me Pizza You!
Suitable for 6 – 24 Pizza-holics – food coma guaranteed!
- Vale Ale & Fox Hat Brewing for breakfast, mushroom-bacon & egg pizza with basil pesto $20pp (1 between 2 guests) with a beer paddle, or $25pp for a whole pizza each!
- Magpie Springs, wine tasting $5pp, walk off brunch around the dam
- Maximus Wines and Settlers Spirits, wine, Gin or Malt tasting $5ea
- The Artel for cocktails, beers, wine = pre-dinner drinks (optional)
- Dinner at Heard in on the Grapevine, garlic bread, pizza, more pizza and dessert pizza $30pp, beers and wine available, BYO welcome for a small charge
Suitable for 4 to 40+ blokes
Oh yes, one last hoorah for the “lucky” man. Beers, boobs and bollocks galore – a big send off for your mate in peril. Assuming we are starting prior to noon, then Mr Right’s favorite winery could feature first up, followed by a hearty lunch and a pub crawl. Simple, flexible and fun.
Vales Sunday Sesh
- Dawn Patrol Coffee, Coffee cellar door, tea and sweets available = a brew with a view
- Longview Vineyard, $5pp wine tasting, delicious cheese boards available
- Long Lunch at Anvers Wines, wine tasting and Italian gourmet wood oven pizzas $25pp, a tour of the old Goldmine – OR…
- Paxton Wines Sunday music on the lawns with catering – seasonal
McLaren Vale Hens
All the single ladies …
- Bent Creek, wine tasting $5pp
- Blessed Cheese, private 4-wines-with cheese pairing $25pp – this is a substantial 1.5 hour wine and cheese experience
- Lunch at The Oven Lot, including wine tasting at Parri Estate Winery from $25pp for shared pizzas
- Chill stop at a coastal pub or The Artel for beer, wine, cocktails, snax and dessert in art deco style
Places we’ve been to
Bottled happiness. The absolute best way to appreciate a great wine is to get close and personal with the wine maker at their place. Then there is chocolate tasting, cheese, bocce, High Tea, sculptures, group painting, label making… Tailor made bus tours for groups from 4 to 57. Contact us today!
- Click to email us your tour plans
- Southern Vales sample Beer Tours
- McLaren Vale Visitor Center
- Sea and Vines Festival
- South Australian Tourism Commission
- Our behavioural standards
Of course we are also ready to take you and your friends out to the races, paint balling, gokarting, a wedding reception, that long lunch at a winery, arvo chill sess with beers and pizza, or that concert in the vines.
Click to view Sample Tours