The Hills are alive with crisp whites!
Sav Blanc, Chardonnay, Pino Gris and some surprising new varietals along with fresh local produce. The Adelaide Hills and Hahndorf are within easy reach of Adelaide, showcasing German, French and Australian styles. Email us your preferences, and Partybus Steve & Partybus Tarn will plan a truly memorable Hills tour for you. The sample tours below are prime examples of what is working for various group sizes right now. Many Hills wineries are popular for weddings, and some are quite small. Hence group tasting bookings can be tricky, and are on average a higher cost per person than other regions.
Hills Personal Wine
Suitable for groups of 4 to approximately 14 guests
- Deviation Road Winery, $10pp sparkling specialists
- Hahndorf Main Street amble, cheese tasting?
- Shaw & Smith, $15pp wine tasting
- Lunch and wine tasting with James Tilbrook at Tilbrook Estate, platters and pizzas
- Kersbrook Hill, $5pp wine, apple cider and Moscato. Also available: coffee, snax, dessert
Hills Social Wine
Suitable for 10-24 socialites
- Nepenthe, $5pp crisp and fresh, relax on the lawns
- Woodside Cheese Wright tasting
- Petaluma, $10pp tasting with a view
- Lunch at Barristers Block, pizza and tapas
- Sidewood Cellars @ Maximillian’s for chill session with wine, cider, beer and the famous Golf hole-in-one challenge
Hills Wine Celebration
Suitable for 20 to 40+ party animals
- Goldings, from $10pp wine flight with accompaniments and bread
- Howard Vineyard, $10pp wines galore
- Lunch at The Haus, huge drinks list
- Melba’s Chocolates – for dessert
- Inglewood Inn, wine and cocktails on the deck
Of course we are also ready to take you and your friends out to the races, a wedding, that long lunch at a winery, arvo chill sess with beers and pizza, or that concert in the vines.
Cheese & Wine Trail
The Udder Delights Cheese Cellar is the host and starting point of the Adelaide Hills Cheese and Wine Trail, a three course progressive picnic that includes locally produced artisan cheese. Each course is held at a different cellar door, and is matched specifically to the wine offered for tasting.
Wineries and cellar doors of the Adelaide Hills